As you are probably aware, it is said the best time to list your home is in the Spring or Summer. However, don’t despair. There are buyers for any time of the year and it is much easier to sell your home in the Fall than in December or January when you add the weather, travel, and the holidays into the mix. Chances are if you list in the Fall, the buyers can settle and be in their new home by the holidays – which always generates excitement.
Here are a few thoughts on the advantages to sell in the Fall.
• Buyers are serious and motivated to purchase quickly and settle in before the holidays and bad weather hits.
• Less competition.
• Decorating for the season can make your home feel cozy, warm, and inviting. Don’t forget the importance of a good-smelling fall candle.
• Make sure your lawn is raked and clean of debris.
• Other ways to improve curb appeal: clean gutters, add some fall flowers, sweep sidewalks.
• Give your home that warm, inviting feeling: if you have a gas or electric fireplace, turn it on for showings and open houses, add seasonal accents, leave out festive treats, brew a fresh pot of pumpkin coffee.